Chelerythrine is a benzophenanthridine alkaloid extracted from the plant Greater celandine (Chelidonium majus). It is a potent, selective, and cell-permeable protein kinase C inhibitor.
Chemical Formula: C21H18ClNO4
Molecular Weight: 383.82492
Elemental Analysis: C, 65.71; H, 4.73; Cl, 9.24; N, 3.65; O, 16.67
Chemical Name: 1,2-dimethoxy-12-methyl-[1,3]dioxolo[4',5':4,5]benzo[1,2-c]phenanthridin-12-ium chloride
InChi Code: InChI=1S/C21H18NO4.ClH/c1-22-10-16-13(6-7-17(23-2)21(16)24-3)14-5-4-12-8-18-19(26-11-25-18)9-15(12)20(14)22;/h4-10H,11H2,1-3H3;1H/q+1;/p-1
Appearance: Solid powder
Purity: >98% (or refer to the Certificate of Analysis)
Shipping Condition: Shipped under ambient temperature as non-hazardous chemical. This product is stable enough for a few weeks during ordinary shipping and time spent in Customs.
Storage Condition: Dry, dark and at 0 - 4 C for short term (days to weeks) or -20 C for long term (months to years).
Solubility: Soluble in DMSO, not in water
Shelf Life: >5 years if stored properly
Drug Formulation: This drug may be formulated in DMSO
Stock Solution Storage: 0 - 4 C for short term (days to weeks), or -20 C for long term (months).
HS Tariff Code: 2934.99.9001
- Gao ZQ, Han BH, Sha HF, Shi ZY, Yang XH, Feng JX. [Effects of a protein kinase C inhibitor combined with cisplatin on non-small cell lung cancer.]. Zhonghua Jie He He Hu Xi Za Zhi. 2010 Apr;33(4):284-8. Chinese. PubMed PMID: 20646461.
- Lu DQ, Chen Y, Li T, Li BL. [Role of protein kinase C in protecting rats against pulmonary ischemia reperfusion injury through opening of mitochondrial ATP sensitive potassium channel]. Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2010 May;41(3):436-40. Chinese. PubMed PMID: 20629316.
- Alloatti G, Arnoletti E, Bassino E, Penna C, Perrelli MG, GhÃ© C, Muccioli G. Obestatin affords cardioprotection to the ischemic/reperfused isolated rat heart and inhibits apoptosis in cultures of similarly stressed cardiomyocytes. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2010 Jun 4. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 20525876.
- Wang HJ, Jiang HL, Chen XH, Lin PY, Zhu YC, Tao LL. [The anti-apoptosis effect of erythropoietin on neonatal rat cardiocytes during hypoxia/reoxygenation injury and its possible mechanism.]. Zhongguo Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue. 2010 May;22(5):302-5. Chinese. PubMed PMID: 20519083.
- AdÃ£o-Novaes J, de CÃ¡ssia Belem Guterrres C, Linden R, Sholl-Franco A. Rod photoreceptor cell death is induced by okadaic acid through activation of PKC and L-type voltage-dependent Ca2+ channels and prevented by IGF-1. Neurochem Int. 2010 Sep;57(2):128-35. Epub 2010 May 11. PubMed PMID: 20466029.
Products are for research use only. Not for human use.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.