Cyclopamine is a potent and selective inhibitor of the hedgehog signaling with an IC50 ~46 nM, acting as an antagonist of Smoothened. It is a natural product isolated from the corn lily (Veratrum californicum). As the hedgehog signaling pathway plays very important roles in embryogenesis and cancer progression, Cyclopamine has been used in stem cell differentiation, such as pancreatic cell differentiation from ESC/iPSC, or treating Hh pathway dependent cancer in vitro and in vivo.
CAS Number: 4449-51-8
Molecular Weight: 411.62
Chemical Name: (2'R,3S,3'R,3a'S,6aS,6bS,6'S,7a'R,11aS,11bR)-3',6',10,11b-tetramethyl-1,2,3,3a',4,4',5',6,6a,6b,6',7,7',7a',8,11,11a,11b-octadecahydro-3'H-spiro[benzo[a]fluorene-9,2'-furo[3,2-b]pyridin]-3-ol
Appearance: Solid Power.
Purity: ≥98% (or refer to the Certificate of Analysis)
Solubility: DMSO up to 20 mM
Shipping Condition: Shipped under ambient temperature as non-hazardous chemical or refer to Certificate of Analysis
Storage Condition: Dry, dark and -20 oC for 1 year or refer to the Certificate of Analysis.
Shelf Life: ≥12 months if stored properly.
Stock Solution Storage: 0 - 4 oC for 1 month or refer to the Certificate of Analysis.
Drug Formulation: To be determined.
HS Tariff Code: 382200
How to use
Cyclopamine was used at 3 µM in vitro and in cellular assays.
Cyclopamine was administered at 50 mg/kg by subcutaneous injection once per day in tumor xenograft mouse model.
- Chen JK, et al. Inhibition of Hedgehog signaling by direct binding of cyclopamine to Smoothened. (2002) Genes Dev. 16(21):2743-8.
- Scott MP. Cancer: a twist in a hedgehog's tale. (2003) Nature. 425(6960):780-2.
- D'Amour KA, et al. Production of pancreatic hormone-expressing endocrine cells from human embryonic stem cells. (2006) Nat Biotechnol. 24(11):1392-401.
- Bar EE, et al. Cyclopamine-mediated hedgehog pathway inhibition depletes stem-like cancer cells in glioblastoma. (2007) Stem Cells. 25(10):2524-33.
- Jiang J, et al. Hedgehog signaling in development and cancer. (2008) Dev Cell. 15(6):801-12.
Products are for research use only. Not for human use.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.