HCI-2509 (also named as SP2509 or LSD1-C12) is a highly potent, specific, and reversible Lysine Specific Demethylase-1 (LSD1) inhibitor. It inhibits LSD1 in biochemical assay with an IC50 ~13 nM, and has no activity against monoamine oxidase proteins MAO-A and MAO-B (>300 µM). HCI-2509 is a non-competitive inhibitor to bind LSD1, changes its solution dynamics in a manner distinct from TCP. It has minimal inhibition of CYPs and hERG, shows cellular activity against several cancer cell lines including endometrial, breast, colorectal, pancreatic, and prostate cancer (IC50 ~0.3-2.5 µM). HCI-2509 displayed sing-agent efficacy in multiple xenograft models and had good PK/PD relationship by using tumor histone H3K4 and H3K9 methylation. HCI-2509 serves as a very useful chemical probe to study the target biology of LSD1.
CAS Number: 1423715-09-6
Molecular Weight: 437.90
Chemical Name: (E)-N'-(1-(5-chloro-2-hydroxyphenyl)ethylidene)-3-(morpholinosulfonyl)benzohydrazide
Appearance: Solid Power.
Purity: ≥98% (or refer to the Certificate of Analysis)
Solubility: DMSO up to 50 mM
Shipping Condition: Shipped under ambient temperature as non-hazardous chemical or refer to Certificate of Analysis
Storage Condition: Dry, dark and -20 oC for 1 year or refer to the Certificate of Analysis.
Shelf Life: ≥12 months if stored properly.
Stock Solution Storage: 0 - 4 oC for 1 month or refer to the Certificate of Analysis.
Drug Formulation: To be determined.
HS Tariff Code: 382200
How to use
HCI-2509 was used at 1 µM in vitro.
HCI-2509 was administered through IP injection at 25-30 mg/kg once per day in xenografts models.
- HCI-2509 was administered through IP injection at 25-30 mg/kg once per day in xenografts models.
- Sorna V, et al. High-Throughput Virtual Screening Identifies Novel N'-(1-Phenylethylidene)-benzohydrazides as Potent, Specific, and Reversible LSD1 Inhibitors. (2013) J Med Chem. 56(23):9496-508.
- Wiles ET, et al. BCL11B is up-regulated by EWS/FLI and contributes to the transformed phenotype in Ewing sarcoma. (2013) PLoS One. 8(3):e59369.
- Bret J. Stephens, et al.: Activity of the LSD1 inhibitor HCI-2509 in ER-negative breast cancer cells. (2012) AACR Chicago. Abstract 1045. Cancer Research: April 15, 2012; Volume 72, Issue 8, Supplement 1.
- Emily R, et al. Inhibition of LSD1 disrupts global EWS/ETS transcriptional function in Ewing sarcoma. (2014) AACR San Diego. Abstract 3679.
Products are for research use only. Not for human use.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.