ISX9 is a neurogenic modulator. It mediates neuroD reporter gene induction via activation of Ca2+ influx, and increases expression of neurogenic differentiation 1 (NeuroD1) transcription factor. It induces neuronal differentiation in human cortical neuronal cells (HCN), adult mouse whole brain (MWB) and subventricular zone (SVZ) progenitors. ISX9 is also shown to induce cardiomyogenic differentiation of Notch-activated epicardium-derived cells in vitro.
CAS Number: 832115-62-5
Molecular Weight: 234.27
Chemical Name: N-cyclopropyl-5-(thiophen-2-yl)isoxazole-3-carboxamide
Appearance: Solid Power.
Purity: ≥98% (or refer to the Certificate of Analysis)
Solubility: DMSO up to 100 mM, EtOH up to 50 mM
Shipping Condition: Shipped under ambient temperature as non-hazardous chemical or refer to Certificate of Analysis
Storage Condition: Dry, dark and -20 oC for 1 year or refer to the Certificate of Analysis.
Shelf Life: ≥360 days if stored properly.
Stock Solution Storage: 0 - 4 oC for 1 month or refer to the Certificate of Analysis.
Drug Formulation: To be determined.
HS Tariff Code: 382200
How to use
ISX9 was used at 10-20 µM final concentration in vitro and in cellular assays.
- Schneider JW, et al. Small-molecule activation of neuronal cell fate. (2008) Nat Chem Biol. 4(7):408-10.
- Dioum EM, et al. A small molecule differentiation inducer increases insulin production by pancreatic β cells. (2011) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 108(51):20713-8.
- Zhang L, et al. Small-molecule blocks malignant astrocyte proliferation and induces neuronal gene expression. (2011) Differentiation. 81(4):233-42.
- Russell JL, et al. Targeting native adult heart progenitors with cardiogenic small molecules. (2012) ACS Chem Biol. 7(6):1067-76.
- Li X, et al. Small-Molecule-Driven Direct Reprogramming of Mouse Fibroblasts into Functional Neurons. (2015) Cell Stem Cell. 17(2):195-203.
Products are for research use only. Not for human use.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.