DiMC is a more metabolically stable analog of curcumin, inducing epigenetic changes in leukemia cells and the expression of promoter methylated genes.
CAS Number: 160096-59-3
Molecular Weight: 396.43
Chemical Name: (1E, 6E)-1, 7-bis(3, 4-dimethoxyphenyl)hepta-1, 6-diene-3, 5-dione
Appearance: Solid Power.
Purity: ≥98% (or refer to the Certificate of Analysis)
Solubility: Soluble in DMSO
Shipping Condition: Shipped under ambient temperature as non-hazardous chemical or refer to Certificate of Analysis
Storage Condition: Dry, dark and -20 oC for 1 year or refer to the Certificate of Analysis.
Shelf Life: ≥12 months if stored properly.
Stock Solution Storage: 0 - 4 oC for 1 month or refer to the Certificate of Analysis.
Drug Formulation: To be determined.
HS Tariff Code: 382200
- Zhao H, Liu Q, Wang S, Dai F, Cheng X, Cheng X, Chen W, Zhang M, Chen D. In vitro additive antitumor effects of dimethoxycurcumin and 5-fluorouracil in colon cancer cells. Cancer Med. 2017 Jul;6(7):1698-1706. doi: 10.1002/cam4.1114. Epub 2017 Jun 2. PubMed PMID: 28573788; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC5504307
- Teymouri M, Barati N, Pirro M, Sahebkar A. Biological and pharmacological evaluation of dimethoxycurcumin: A metabolically stable curcumin analogue with a promising therapeutic potential. J Cell Physiol. 2018 Jan;233(1):124-140. doi: 10.1002/jcp.25749. Epub 2017 Mar 31. Review. PubMed PMID: 27996095.
- Chen D, Dai F, Chen Z, Wang S, Cheng X, Sheng Q, Lin J, Chen W. Dimethoxy Curcumin Induces Apoptosis by Suppressing Survivin and Inhibits Invasion by Enhancing E-Cadherin in Colon Cancer Cells. Med Sci Monit. 2016 Sep 11;22:3215-22. PubMed PMID: 27614381; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC5021015.
- Hassan HE, Keita JA, Narayan L, Brady SM, Frederick R, Carlson S, Glass KC, Natesan S, Buttolph T, Fandy TE. The combination of dimethoxycurcumin with DNA methylation inhibitor enhances gene re-expression of promoter-methylated genes and antagonizes their cytotoxic effect. Epigenetics. 2016 Sep 2:1-10. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 27588609; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC5094623.
- Adeyeni TA, Khatwani N, San K, Ezekiel UR. BMI1 is downregulated by the natural compound curcumin, but not by bisdemethoxycurcumin and dimethoxycurcumin. Physiol Rep. 2016 Aug;4(16). pii: e12906. doi: 10.14814/phy2.12906. PubMed PMID: 27550987; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC5002914.
Products are for research use only. Not for human use.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.