Cas：65271-80-9 (free base)
Mitoxantrone is an anthraquinone that intercalates in DNA and inhibits topoisomerase II (IC50 = 5.3 μM), thus inhibiting cell proliferation. It also inhibits HIV-1 integrase (IC50 = 3.8 μM). Mitoxantrone is exported from cells in an ATP- and glutathione-dependent manner by multidrug resistance protein-1.4 Formulations containing mitoxantrone have been used in the treatment of cancer and multiple sclerosis.
Chemical Formula: C22H28N4O6
Exact Mass: 444.2009
Elemental Analysis:C, 59.45; H, 6.35; N, 12.61; O, 21.60
Related CAS #: 70476-82-3 (HCl) 65271-80-9 (free base)
Mitoxantrone free base
US brand name
Foreign brand names
Chemical Name: 1,4-dihydroxy-5,8-bis((2-((2-hydroxyethyl)amino)ethyl)amino)anthracene-9,10-dione
InChi Key: O=C1C2=C(C(NCCNCCO)=CC=C2NCCNCCO)C(C3=C(O)C=CC(O)=C13)=O
InChi Code: InChI=1S/C22H28N4O6/c27-11-9-23-5-7-25-13-1-2-14(26-8-6-24-10-12-28)18-17(13)21(31)19-15(29)3-4-16(30)20(19)22(18)32/h1-4,23-30H,5-12H2
Smiles Code: O=C1C2=C(C(NCCNCCO)=CC=C2NCCNCCO)C(C3=C(O)C=CC(O)=C13)=O
Appearance: Solid powder
Purity: >98% (or refer to the Certificate of Analysis)
Shipping Condition: Shipped under ambient temperature as non-hazardous chemical. This product is stable enough for a few weeks during ordinary shipping and time spent in Customs.
Storage Condition: Dry, dark and at 0 - 4 C for short term (days to weeks) or -20 C for long term (months to years).
Solubility: Soluble in DMSO
Shelf Life: >3 years if stored properly
Drug Formulation: This drug may be formulated in DMSO
Stock Solution Storage: 0 - 4 C for short term (days to weeks), or -20 C for long term (months).
HS Tariff Code: 2934.99.9001
Mitoxantrone inhibits PKC in a competitive manner with respect to histone H1, and its Ki value is 6.3 μM and in a non-competitive manner with respect to phosphatidylserine and ATP. Treatment of B-CLL cells for 48 h with mitoxantrone (0.5 μg/mL) induces a decrease in cell viability. Mitoxantrone induces DNA fragmentation and the proteolytic cleavage of poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP), demonstrating that the cytotoxic effect of mitoxantrone is due to induction of apoptosis. Mitoxantrone shows cytotoxicity to human breast carcinoma cell lines MDA-MB-231 and MCF-7 with IC50 values of 18 and 196 nM, respectively.
Mitoxantrone given IP at the optimal dose (1.6 mg/kg/day; as a free base) produces a statistically significant number of 60-day survivors (curative effect) in mice with IP implanted L1210 leukemia. In SC implanted Lewis lung carcinoma, mitoxantrone and ADM administered IV also shows effective antitumor activities and produces a 60% and a 45% ILS, respectively.
- Kapoor T, Mehan S. Neuroprotective methodologies in treatment of Multiple Sclerosis: Current status of Clinical and Pre-clinical findings. Curr Drug Discov Technol. 2020 Feb 6. doi: 10.2174/1570163817666200207100903. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 32031075.
- Wei H, Wang Y, Gale RP, Lin D, Zhou C, Liu B, Qiu S, Gu R, Li Y, Zhao X, Wei S, Gong B, Liu K, Gong X, Liu Y, Zhang G, Song Z, Wang Y, Li W, Mi Y, Wang J. Randomized trial of intermediate-dose cytarabine in induction and consolidation therapy in adults with acute myeloid leukaemia. Clin Cancer Res. 2020 Feb 6. pii: clincanres.3433.2019. doi: 10.1158/1078-0432.CCR-19-3433. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 32029439.
- Zinzani PL, Derenzini E, Pellegrini C, Rigacci L, Fabbri A, Gandolfi L, Argnani L, Casadei B, Pulsoni A, Gobbi M, Perotti A, Zaccaria A, Voso MT, Cabras MG, De Renzo A. Long-term efficacy and toxicity results of the FLUMIZ trial (fludarabine and mitoxantrone followed by yttrium-90 ibritumomab tiuxetan in untreated follicular lymphoma). Ann Oncol. 2012 Mar;23(3):805-807. doi: 10.1093/annonc/mdr633. Epub 2019 Dec 4. PubMed PMID: 32018684.
- Scheckel CJ, Meyer M, Betcher JA, Al-Kali A, Foran J, Palmer J. Efficacy of mitoxantrone-based salvage therapies in relapsed or refractory acute myeloid leukemia in the Mayo Clinic Cancer Center: Analysis of survival after 'CLAG-M' vs. 'MEC'. Leuk Res. 2020 Jan 28;90:106300. doi: 10.1016/j.leukres.2020.106300. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 32018118.
- Djeni TN, Kouame KH, Ake FDM, Amoikon LST, Dje MK, Jeyaram K. Microbial Diversity and Metabolite Profiles of Palm Wine Produced From Three Different Palm Tree Species in Côte d'Ivoire. Sci Rep. 2020 Feb 3;10(1):1715. doi: 10.1038/s41598-020-58587-2. PubMed PMID: 32015447.
Products are for research use only. Not for human use.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.