Verbascoside is a novel Inhibitor of the Oligomerization of Pneumolysin.
Chemical Formula: C29H36O15
Exact Mass: 624.2054
Molecular Weight: 624.592
Elemental Analysis: C, 55.77; H, 5.81; O, 38.42
Appearance: Solid powder
Purity: >98% (or refer to the Certificate of Analysis)
Shipping Condition: Shipped under ambient temperature as non-hazardous chemical. This product is stable enough for a few weeks during ordinary shipping and time spent in Customs.
Storage Condition: Dry, dark and at 0 - 4 C for short term (days to weeks) or -20 C for long term (months to years).
Solubility: Soluble in DMSO
Shelf Life: >2 years if stored properly
Drug Formulation: This drug may be formulated in DMSO
Stock Solution Storage: 0 - 4 C for short term (days to weeks), or -20 C for long term (months).
HS Tariff Code: 2934.99.9001
Verbascoside acts as an ATP-competitive inhibitor of PKC, with an IC50 of 25 µM. Verbascoside shows Kis of 22 and 28 µM with respect to ATP and histone, respectively. Verbascoside has potent antitumor activity against L-1210 cells, with an IC50 of 13 µM. Verbascoside (5, 10 µM) suppresses 2,4-dinitrochlorobenzene (DNCB)-induced T cell costimulatory factors CD86 and CD54, proinflammatory cytokines, and NFκB pathway activation in THP-1 cells.
Verbascoside (1%) reduces the overall scratching behavior incidence as well as the severity of the skin lesions in 2,4-dinitrochlorobenzene (DNCB)-induced atopic dermatitis (AD) mice model. Verbascoside also blocks DNCB-induced expression of proinflammatory cytokine TNF-α, IL-6, and IL-4 mRNA in skin lesions. Verbascoside (50, 100 mg/kg, i.p.) does not modify chronic constriction injury (CCI)-induced cold allodynia. Verbascoside (200 mg/kg, i.p.) decreases hyper-sensitivity to cold stimulus, acetone, on day 3 in rats. Verbascoside also significantly reduces behavioral changes associated with neuropathy. Moreover, Verbascoside decreases Bax and increases Bcl-2 on day 3.
- D'Antuono I, Bruno A, Linsalata V, Minervini F, Garbetta A, Tufariello M, Mita G, Logrieco AF, Bleve G, Cardinali A. Fermented Apulian table olives: Effect of selected microbial starters on polyphenols composition, antioxidant activities and bioaccessibility. Food Chem. 2018 May 15;248:137-145. doi: 10.1016/j.foodchem.2017.12.032. Epub 2017 Dec 11. PubMed PMID: 29329836.
- Ma S, Yada K, Lee H, Fukuda Y, Iida A, Suzuki K. Taheebo Polyphenols Attenuate Free Fatty Acid-Induced Inflammation in Murine and Human Macrophage Cell Lines As Inhibitor of Cyclooxygenase-2. Front Nutr. 2017 Dec 12;4:63. doi: 10.3389/fnut.2017.00063. eCollection 2017. PubMed PMID: 29312947; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC5733013.
- Medjkouh L, Tamendjari A, Alves RC, Laribi R, Oliveira MBPP. Phenolic profiles of eight olive cultivars from Algeria: effect of Bactrocera oleae attack. Food Funct. 2018 Jan 4. doi: 10.1039/c7fo01654a. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 29299572.
- Rossi R, Stella S, Ratti S, Maghin F, Tirloni E, Corino C. Effects of antioxidant mixtures in the diet of finishing pigs on the oxidative status and shelf life of longissimus dorsi muscle packaged under modified atmosphere. J Anim Sci. 2017 Nov;95(11):4986-4997. doi: 10.2527/jas2017.1603. PubMed PMID: 29293718.
- Xie CX, Zhang M, Li YJ, Geng XT, Wang FQ, Zhang ZY. [Comparison of chemical quality characteristics between radial striations and non-radial striations in tuberous root of Rehmannia glutinosa]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2017 Nov;42(21):4172-4179. doi: 10.19540/j.cnki.cjcmm.20170905.004. Chinese. PubMed PMID: 29271157.
Products are for research use only. Not for human use.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.