Phorbol 12,13-dibutyrate, also known as PDBu, is a phorbol ester which is one of the constituents of croton oil. As an activator of protein kinase C, it is a weak tumor promoter compared to 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol-13-acetate.
Chemical Formula: C28H40O8
Exact Mass: 504.2723
Molecular Weight: 504.62
Elemental Analysis: C, 66.65; H, 7.99; O, 25.36
Appearance: Solid powder
Purity: >98% (or refer to the Certificate of Analysis)
Shipping Condition: Shipped under ambient temperature as non-hazardous chemical. This product is stable enough for a few weeks during ordinary shipping and time spent in Customs.
Storage Condition: Dry, dark and at 0 - 4 C for short term (days to weeks) or -20 C for long term (months to years).
Solubility: Soluble in DMSO
Shelf Life: >2 years if stored properly
Drug Formulation: This drug may be formulated in DMSO
Stock Solution Storage: 0 - 4 C for short term (days to weeks), or -20 C for long term (months).
HS Tariff Code: 2934.99.9001
Phorbol 12,13-dibutyrate (Phorbol dibutyrate) (1 MM) activates PKC and inhibited Na/K-ATPase transport activity in OK cells.
- Irie K, Nakahara A, Nakagawa Y, Ohigashi H, Shindo M, Fukuda H, Konishi H, Kikkawa U, Kashiwagi K, Saito N. Establishment of a binding assay for protein kinase C isozymes using synthetic C1 peptides and development of new medicinal leads with protein kinase C isozyme and C1 domain selectivity. Pharmacol Ther. 2002 Feb-Mar;93(2-3):271-81. Review. PubMed PMID: 12191619.
- Thatcher WW, Guzeloglu A, Mattos R, Binelli M, Hansen TR, Pru JK. Uterine-conceptus interactions and reproductive failure in cattle. Theriogenology. 2001 Dec 1;56(9):1435-50. Review. PubMed PMID: 11768809.
- Dell CP. Antiproliferative naphthopyrans: biological activity, mechanistic studies and therapeutic potential. Curr Med Chem. 1998 Jun;5(3):179-94. Review. PubMed PMID: 9562601.
- Van der Zee EA, Luiten PG, Disterhoft JF. Learning-induced alterations in hippocampal PKC-immunoreactivity: a review and hypothesis of its functional significance. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 1997 Apr;21(3):531-72. Review. PubMed PMID: 9153071.
- Quest AF, Ghosh S, Xie WQ, Bell RM. DAG second messengers: molecular switches and growth control. Adv Exp Med Biol. 1997;400A:297-303. Review. PubMed PMID: 9547571.
Products are for research use only. Not for human use.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.