Y27632 is a selective ROCK inhibitor, which inhibits ET-1-induced increases in natriuretic peptide production, cell size, protein synthesis, and myofibrillar organization. Y27632 prevents dimethylnitrosamine-induced hepatic fibrosis in rats, increases apoptosis and disrupts the actin cortical mat in embryonic avian corneal epithelium, affects initial heart myofibrillogenesis in cultured chick blastoderm, promotes the proliferation and cell cycle progression of cultured astrocyte from spinal cord.
Chemical Formula: C14H23Cl2N3O
Exact Mass: 247.16846
Molecular Weight: 320.26
Elemental Analysis: C, 52.51; H, 7.24; Cl, 22.14; N, 13.12; O, 5.00
Related CAS #: 129830-38-2 (2HCl) 3146986-50-7 (free base)
Chemical Name: (1R,4r)-4-((R)-1-aminoethyl)-N-(pyridin-4-yl)cyclohexanecarboxamide dihydrochloride
InChi Code: InChI=1S/C14H21N3O.2ClH/c1-10(15)11-2-4-12(5-3-11)14(18)17-13-6-8-16-9-7-13;;/h6-12H,2-5,15H2,1H3,(H,16,17,18);2*1H/t10-,11-,12-;;/m1../s1
Appearance: white to off-white solid powder
Purity: >98% (or refer to the Certificate of Analysis)
Shipping Condition: Shipped under ambient temperature as non-hazardous chemical. This product is stable enough for a few weeks during ordinary shipping and time spent in Customs.
Storage Condition: Dry, dark and at 0 - 4 C for short term (days to weeks) or -20 C for long term (months to years).
Solubility: Soluble in DMSO, not in water
Shelf Life: >2 years if stored properly
Drug Formulation: This drug may be formulated in DMSO
Stock Solution Storage: 0 - 4 C for short term (days to weeks), or -20 C for long term (months).
HS Tariff Code: 2934.99.9001
Y-27632 inhibits the ROCK family of kinases 100 times more potently than other kinases including protein kinase C, cAMP-dependent kinase and myosin light chain kinase. Y-27632 prolongs the lag time and delays the appearance of BrdU-labeled cells in a concentration-dependent manner, delays of about 1 and 4 h are noticed in the Swiss 3T3 cells treated with 10 and 100 μM Y-27632, respectively.
Y-27632 promotes neuronal differentiation of adipose tissue-derived stem cells (ADSCs). Compared to 1.0 and 2.5 μM Y-27632 induced groups, percentages of neuroal-like cells achieved a peak in the 5.0 μM Y-27632 induced group.
Y-27632 (5 and 10 mg/kg) significantly prolongs the onset time of myoclonic jerks when compare with saline group. Y-27632 (5 and 10 mg/kg) significantly prolongs the onset time of clonic convulsions when compare with saline group.
Treatment with Dimethylnitrosamine (DMN) causes a significant decrease in rat body and liver weight (DMN-S group) compared with control animals (S-S group). Oral Y27632 (30 mg/kg) essentially prevents this DMN-induced rat body and liver weight loss (DMN-Y group).
- Yang CY, Liu Y, Lu Z, Ren R, Gong H. Effects of Y27632 on aqueous humor outflow facility with changes in hydrodynamic pattern and morphology in human eyes. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2013 Aug 28;54(8):5859-70. doi: 10.1167/iovs.12-10930. PubMed PMID: 23920374; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3757907.
- Gandham VD, Maddala RL, Rao V, Jin JY, Epstein DL, Hall RP, Zhang JY. Effects of Y27632 on keratinocyte procurement and wound healing. Clin Exp Dermatol. 2013 Oct;38(7):782-6. doi: 10.1111/ced.12067. Epub 2013 May 16. PubMed PMID: 23675999; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3748215.
- Yu Z, Liu M, Fu P, Xie M, Wang W, Luo X. ROCK inhibition with Y27632 promotes the proliferation and cell cycle progression of cultured astrocyte from spinal cord. Neurochem Int. 2012 Dec;61(7):1114-20. doi: 10.1016/j.neuint.2012.08.003. Epub 2012 Aug 19. PubMed PMID: 22929997.
- Huang HP, Wang CJ, Tsai JP, Wu SW, Hung TW, Lian JD, Chang HR. Y27632 attenuates the aristolochic acid-promoted invasion and migration of human urothelial cancer TSGH cells in vitro and inhibits the growth of xenografts in vivo. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2012 Feb;27(2):565-75. doi: 10.1093/ndt/gfr366. Epub 2011 Jul 28. PubMed PMID: 21799205.
- Lu Z, Zhang Y, Freddo TF, Gong H. Similar hydrodynamic and morphological changes in the aqueous humor outflow pathway after washout and Y27632 treatment in monkey eyes. Exp Eye Res. 2011 Oct;93(4):397-404. doi: 10.1016/j.exer.2011.05.012. Epub 2011 Jun 6. PubMed PMID: 21669200; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3197945.
Products are for research use only. Not for human use.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.