Afuresertib, also known as GSK2110183, is an orally bioavailable inhibitor of the serine/threonine protein kinase Akt (protein kinase B) with potential antineoplastic activity. Akt inhibitor GSK2110183 binds to and inhibits the activity of Akt, which may result in inhibition of the PI3K/Akt signaling pathway and tumor cell proliferation and the induction of tumor cell apoptosis. Activation of the PI3K/Akt signaling pathway is frequently associated with tumorigenesis and dysregulated PI3K/Akt signaling may contribute to tumor resistance to a variety of antineoplastic agents.
Chemical Formula: C18H18Cl3FN4OS
Molecular Weight: 463.78
Elemental Analysis: C, 46.62; H, 3.91; Cl, 22.93; F, 4.10; N, 12.08; O, 3.45; S, 6.91
Related CAS #:
1047634-63-8 (free base)
1047644-62-1 (free base)
Chemical Name: N-((S)-1-amino-3-(3-fluorophenyl)propan-2-yl)-5-chloro-4-(4-chloro-1-methyl-1H-pyrazol-5-yl)thiophene-2-carboxamide hydrochloride
InChi Code: InChI=1S/C18H17Cl2FN4OS.ClH/c1-25-16(14(19)9-23-25)13-7-15(27-17(13)20)18(26)24-12(8-22)6-10-3-2-4-11(21)5-10;/h2-5,7,9,12H,6,8,22H2,1H3,(H,24,26);1H/t12-;/m0./s1
Appearance: Solid powder
Purity: >98% (or refer to the Certificate of Analysis)
Shipping Condition: Shipped under ambient temperature as non-hazardous chemical. This product is stable enough for a few weeks during ordinary shipping and time spent in Customs.
Storage Condition: Dry, dark and at 0 - 4 C for short term (days to weeks) or -20 C for long term (months to years).
Solubility: Soluble in DMSO, not in water
Shelf Life: >2 years if stored properly
Drug Formulation: This drug may be formulated in DMSO
Stock Solution Storage: 0 - 4 C for short term (days to weeks), or -20 C for long term (months).
HS Tariff Code: 2934.99.9001
Afuresertib (GSK 2110183) exhibits favorable tumor-suppressive effects on malignant pleural mesothelioma (MPM) cells. Afuresertib significantly increases caspase-3 and caspase-7 activities and apoptotic cell number among ACC-MESO-4 and MSTO-211H cells. Afuresertib strongly arrests the cell cycle in the G1 phase.
Western blotting analysis shows that Afuresertib increases the expression of p21WAF1/CIP1 and decreases the phosphorylation of Akt substrates, including GSK-3β and FOXO family proteins. Afuresertib-induced p21 expression promotes G1 phase arrest by inducing FOXO activity. Afuresertib significantly enhances cisplatin-induced cytotoxicity. Afuresertib modulates the expression E2F1 and MYC, which are associated with fibroblast core serum response.
Mice bearing BT474 breast tumor xenografts are dosed orally with either vehicle or GSK2110183 at 10, 30 or 100 mg/kg daily for 21 days which result in 8, 37 and 61% TGI, respectively. Mice tolerated GSK2110183 well, with 1-3% body weight loss reported after 5 days of dosing which recover over the course of the study. Other tumor xenograft models which possess an activation of the Akt pathway are explored to further demonstrate compound efficacy. Mice treated with GSK2110183 at 10, 30 and 100 mg/kg result in 23, 37 and 97% TGI, respectively, of SKOV3 xenografts.
- Ni H, Shirazi F, Baladandayuthapani V, Lin H, Kuiatse I, Wang H, Jones RJ, Berkova Z, Hitoshi Y, Ansell SM, Treon SP, Thomas SK, Lee HC, Wang Z, Davis RE, Orlowski RZ. Targeting Myddosome Signaling in Waldenström's Macroglobulinemia with the Interleukin-1 Receptor-Associated Kinase 1/4 Inhibitor R191. Clin Cancer Res. 2018 Aug 20. doi: 10.1158/1078-0432.CCR-17-3265. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 30126942.
- Kinoshita S, Ri M, Kanamori T, Aoki S, Yoshida T, Narita T, Totani H, Ito A, Kusumoto S, Ishida T, Komatsu H, Iida S. Potent antitumor effect of combination therapy with sub-optimal doses of Akt inhibitors and pomalidomide plus dexamethasone in multiple myeloma. Oncol Lett. 2018 Jun;15(6):9450-9456. doi: 10.3892/ol.2018.8501. Epub 2018 Apr 16. PubMed PMID: 29928335; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC6004690.
- Chen CI, Paul H, Le LW, Wei EN, Snitzler S, Wang T, Levina O, Kakar S, Lau A, Queau M, Johnston JB, Smith DA, Trudel S. A phase 2 study of ofatumumab (Arzerra(®)) in combination with a pan-AKT inhibitor (afuresertib) in previously treated patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL). Leuk Lymphoma. 2018 Jun 19:1-9. doi: 10.1080/10428194.2018.1468892. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 29916761.
- Yamaji M, Ota A, Wahiduzzaman M, Karnan S, Hyodo T, Konishi H, Tsuzuki S, Hosokawa Y, Haniuda M. Novel ATP-competitive Akt inhibitor afuresertib suppresses the proliferation of malignant pleural mesothelioma cells. Cancer Med. 2017 Nov;6(11):2646-2659. doi: 10.1002/cam4.1179. Epub 2017 Sep 27. PubMed PMID: 28960945; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC5673922.
- Arceci RJ, Allen CE, Dunkel IJ, Jacobsen E, Whitlock J, Vassallo R, Morris SR, Portnoy A, Reedy BA, Smith DA, Noble R, Murnane A, Cornfeld M, Rodriguez-Galindo C, Heaney ML, McClain K, Vaiselbuh S. A phase IIa study of afuresertib, an oral pan-AKT inhibitor, in patients with Langerhans cell histiocytosis. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2017 May;64(5). doi: 10.1002/pbc.26325. Epub 2016 Nov 2. PubMed PMID: 27804235.
- Naymagon L, Abdul-Hay M. Novel agents in the treatment of multiple myeloma: a review about the future. J Hematol Oncol. 2016 Jun 30;9(1):52. doi: 10.1186/s13045-016-0282-1. Review. PubMed PMID: 27363832; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4929712.
Products are for research use only. Not for human use.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.