Hematein, also known as Haematein, is an oxidized derivative of Hematoxylin (Haematoxylin) used in staining the staining of cell nuclei in animal tissue. Hematein also can be used in the staining of myelin sheaths and nerve fibers. This product has low purity ( the estimated HPLC purity is ~ 50%).
CAS Number: 475-25-2
Molecular Weight: 300.26
Chemical Name: 3,4,6a,10-tetrahydroxy-6a,7-dihydroindeno[2,1-c]chromen-9(6H)-one
Appearance: Solid Power.
Purity: ≥98% (or refer to the Certificate of Analysis)
Solubility: Soluble in DMSO
Shipping Condition: Shipped under ambient temperature as non-hazardous chemical or refer to Certificate of Analysis
Storage Condition: Dry, dark and -20 oC for 1 year or refer to the Certificate of Analysis.
Shelf Life: ≥12 months if stored properly.
Stock Solution Storage: 0 - 4 oC for 1 month or refer to the Certificate of Analysis.
Drug Formulation: To be determined.
HS Tariff Code: 382200
How to use
Hematein (10-100 μM; 14 days) inhibits cells growth in A427 lung cancer cells. Hematein (50 and 100 μM; 48 hours) induces apoptosis in A427 lung cancer cells. Hematein (50 and 100 μM; 48 hours) inhibits CK2-specific Akt phosphorylation.
Hematein (intraperitoneal injections; 50 mg/kg; twice a week for 6 weeks) inhibits tumor growth in A427 lung cancer cell xenografts.
- Panayotacopoulou MT, Boukis D, Issidorides MR. Localization of phospholipids in human catecholamine neurons with Baker's acid haematein. J Neurocytol. 1989 Oct;18(5):593-7. PubMed PMID: 2482342.
- Elleder M, Lojda Z. Studies in lipid histochemistry. II. The nature of the material stained with acid haematein test and with OTAN reaction in red blood cells. Histochemie. 1970;24(1):21-8. PubMed PMID: 4098193.
- Roozemond RC. A comparison of the Baker acid Haematein staining of selected regions of rat hypothalamus with the fatty acid composition of their phosphatidyl choline content and their polar lipid fraction as determined by gas liquid chromatography. Histochem J. 1970 May;2(3):219-30. PubMed PMID: 4112993.
- CAIN AJ. An examination of Baker's acid haematein test for phospholipines. Q J Microsc Sci. 1947 Dec;88(Pt 4):467-78. PubMed PMID: 18904463.
- LANE NJ. VISUALIZATION OF SITES OF PHOSPHATASE ACTIVITIES BY MEANS OF MORDANTED HAEMATEIN. J Histochem Cytochem. 1965 Mar;13:235-8. PubMed PMID: 14327696.
Products are for research use only. Not for human use.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.