SC-236 is an orally active inhibitor of COX-2. SC-236 displays anti-inflammatory properties and potent antimetastatic activity against both experimental metastases and spontaneous metastases arising following primary tumor excision.
CAS Number: 170569-86-5
Molecular Weight: 401.79
Chemical Name: 4-(5-(4-Chlorophenyl)-3-(trifluoromethyl)-1H-pyrazol-1-yl)benzenesulfonamide
Appearance: Solid Power
Purity: ≥98% (or refer to the Certificate of Analysis)
Solubility: Soluble in DMSO.
Shipping Condition: Shipped under ambient temperature as non-hazardous chemical or refer to Certificate of Analysis
Storage Condition: Dry, dark and -20 oC for 1 year or refer to the Certificate of Analysis.
Shelf Life: ≥360 days if stored properly.
Stock Solution Storage: 0 - 4 oC for 1 month or refer to the Certificate of Analysis.
Drug Formulation: To be determined
HS Tariff Code: 382200
- Shao-Yu Fang, et al. Reduction in MicroRNA-4488 Expression Induces NFÎºB Translocation in Venous Endothelial Cells Under Arterial Flow. Cardiovasc Drugs Ther. 2020 Sep 9.
- Anna PlanagumÃ , et al. The selective cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor SC-236 reduces liver fibrosis by mechanisms involving non-parenchymal cell apoptosis and PPARgamma activation. FASEB J. 2005 Jul;19(9):1120-2.
- Benjamin Chun-Yu Wong, et al. Cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor (SC-236) suppresses activator protein-1 through c-Jun NH2-terminal kinase. Gastroenterology. 2004 Jan;126(1):136-47.
- Su-Jin Kim, et al. The COX-2 inhibitor SC-236 exerts anti-inflammatory effects by suppressing phosphorylation of ERK in a murine model. Life Sci. 2007 Aug 23;81(11):863-72.
- T D Penning, et al. Synthesis and biological evaluation of the 1,5-diarylpyrazole class of cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitors: identification of 4-[5-(4-methylphenyl)-3-(trifluoromethyl)-1H-pyrazol-1-yl]benze nesulfonamide (SC-58635, celecoxib). J Med Chem. 1997 Apr 25;40(9):1347-65.
Products are for research use only. Not for human use.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.