SCH-442416 is a selective antagonist of adenosine A2A receptor that binds to human and rat adenosine A2A receptors with Ki of 0.048 nM and 0.5 nM, respectively.
CAS Number: 316173-57-6
Molecular Weight: 389.41
Chemical Name: 2-(furan-2-yl)-7-(3-(4-methoxyphenyl)propyl)-7H-pyrazolo[4,3-e][1,2,4]triazolo[1,5-c]pyrimidin-5-amine
Appearance: Solid Power
Purity: ≥98% (or refer to the Certificate of Analysis)
Solubility: DMSO: 78 mg/mL(200.3 mM).
Shipping Condition: Shipped under ambient temperature as non-hazardous chemical or refer to Certificate of Analysis
Storage Condition: Dry, dark and -20 oC for 1 year or refer to the Certificate of Analysis.
Shelf Life: ≥360 days if stored properly.
Stock Solution Storage: 0 - 4 oC for 1 month or refer to the Certificate of Analysis.
Drug Formulation: To be determined
HS Tariff Code: 382200
How to use
SCH442416 is selective for A2AR (Ki=0.50 nM) in rat striatal membranes over A1R and A3R (Ki=1815 and >10000, respectively). SCH442416 (0.1-10 μM) increases the glutamine synthetase (GS) and glutamate aspartate transporter (GLAST) proteins expression of Müller cells in Group 1 μM.
SCH-442416 (0.017 mg/kg; i.p.) completely abrogates the CGS-21680-induced decrease in skeletal muscle injury. SCH-442416 (1 μM•2μL; i.v.) increases the GS and GLAST protein expression in rats. SCH442416 (1 μM) significantly attenuates the adenosine-induced dilation (from 15.3 to 5.6 μm).
- S Todde, et al. J Med Chem. 2000 Nov 16;43(23):4359-62.
- Moresco RM, et, al. In vivo imaging of adenosine A2A receptors in rat and primate brain using [11C]SCH442416. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2005 Apr;32(4):405-13.
- Zheng J, et, al. Protective roles of adenosine A1, A2A, and A3 receptors in skeletal muscle ischemia and reperfusion injury. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2007 Dec;293(6):H3685-91.
- Maimon N, et, al. Pre-exposure to adenosine, acting via A(2A) receptors on endothelial cells, alters the protein kinase A dependence of adenosine-induced dilation in skeletal muscle resistance arterioles. J Physiol. 2014 Jun 15;592(12):2575-90.
- Yu J, et, al. A 2A R Antagonists Upregulate Expression of GS and GLAST in Rat Hypoxia Model. Biomed Res Int. 2020 Oct 26;2020:2054293.
Products are for research use only. Not for human use.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.