Indolactam V is an activator of protein kinase C. It induces changes in muscarinic receptor functions.
Chemical Formula: C17H23N3O2
Exact Mass: 301.179
Molecular Weight: 301.39
Elemental Analysis: C, 67.75; H, 7.69; N, 13.94; O, 10.62
Chemical Name: (2S,5S)-1,2,4,5,6,8-Hexahydro-5-(hydroxymethyl)-1-methyl-2-(1-methylethyl)-3H-pyrrolo(4,3,2-gh)-1,4-benzodiazonin-3-one
InChi Code: InChI=1S/C17H23N3O2/c1-10(2)16-17(22)19-12(9-21)7-11-8-18-13-5-4-6-14(15(11)13)20(16)3/h4-6,8,10,12,16,18,21H,7,9H2,1-3H3,(H,19,22)/t12-,16-/m0/s1
Appearance: Solid powder
Purity: >98% (or refer to the Certificate of Analysis)
Shipping Condition: Shipped under ambient temperature as non-hazardous chemical. This product is stable enough for a few weeks during ordinary shipping and time spent in Customs.
Storage Condition: Dry, dark and at 0 - 4 C for short term (days to weeks) or -20 C for long term (months to years).
Solubility: Soluble in DMSO
Shelf Life: >2 years if stored properly
Drug Formulation: This drug may be formulated in DMSO
Stock Solution Storage: 0 - 4 C for short term (days to weeks), or -20 C for long term (months).
HS Tariff Code: 2934.99.9001
(-)-Indolactam V is a PKC activator, with Kis of 3.36 nM, 1.03 μM for η-CRD2 (PKCη surrogate peptide), γ-CRD2 (PKCγ surrogate peptide), and has antitumor activity. (-)-Indolactam V shows Kds of 5.5 nM (η-C1B), 7.7 nM (ε-C1B), 8.3 nM (δ-C1B), 18.9 nM (β-C1A-long), 20.8 nM (α-C1A-long), 137 nM (β-C1B), 138 nM (γ-C1A), 213 nM (γ-C1B), respectively. (-)-Indolactam V (20 nM-5 μM) dose-dependently affects multiple hESC lines, such as HUES 2, 4 and 8. (-)-Indolactam V also increases the mRNA levels of Pdx1, HNF6, PTF1A, SOX9, HB9 and PROX1. In addition, (-)-Indolactam V (300 nM) functions in both mouse and human cells and confirms that some signals for pancreatic development.
- Stein J, Stahn S, Neudörfl JM, Sperlich J, Schmalz HG, Teusch N. Synthetic Indolactam V Analogues as Inhibitors of PAR2-Induced Calcium Mobilization in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Cells. ChemMedChem. 2018 Jan 22;13(2):147-154. doi: 10.1002/cmdc.201700640. Epub 2018 Jan 4. PubMed PMID: 29195005.
- Scavuzzo MA, Yang D, Borowiak M. Organotypic pancreatoids with native mesenchyme develop Insulin producing endocrine cells. Sci Rep. 2017 Sep 7;7(1):10810. doi: 10.1038/s41598-017-11169-1. PubMed PMID: 28883507; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC5589819.
- Haynes-Smith J, Diaz I, Billingsley KL. Modular Total Synthesis of Protein Kinase C Activator (-)-Indolactam V. Org Lett. 2016 May 6;18(9):2008-11. doi: 10.1021/acs.orglett.6b00614. Epub 2016 Apr 13. PubMed PMID: 27074538.
- Mori T, Zhang L, Awakawa T, Hoshino S, Okada M, Morita H, Abe I. Manipulation of prenylation reactions by structure-based engineering of bacterial indolactam prenyltransferases. Nat Commun. 2016 Mar 8;7:10849. doi: 10.1038/ncomms10849. PubMed PMID: 26952246; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4786772.
- Glover KP, Chen Z, Markell LK, Han X. Synergistic Gene Expression Signature Observed in TK6 Cells upon Co-Exposure to UVC-Irradiation and Protein Kinase C-Activating Tumor Promoters. PLoS One. 2015 Oct 2;10(10):e0139850. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0139850. eCollection 2015. PubMed PMID: 26431317; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4592187.
Products are for research use only. Not for human use.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.