Oxymatrine is a protective agent against apoptosis, tumor and fibrotic tissue development, and inflammation.
Chemical Formula: C15H24N2O2
Exact Mass: 264.1838
Molecular Weight: 264.36
Elemental Analysis: C, 68.15; H, 9.15; N, 10.60; O, 12.10
Chemical Name: (4R,41R,7aS,13aR,13bR)-10-oxododecahydro-1H,5H-dipyrido[2,1-f:3',2',1'-ij][1,6]naphthyridine 4(41H)-oxide
InChi Code: InChI=1S/C15H24N2O2/c18-14-7-1-6-13-12-5-3-9-17(19)8-2-4-11(15(12)17)10-16(13)14/h11-13,15H,1-10H2/t11-,12+,13+,15+,17+/m0/s1
Appearance: Solid powder
Purity: >98% (or refer to the Certificate of Analysis)
Shipping Condition: Shipped under ambient temperature as non-hazardous chemical. This product is stable enough for a few weeks during ordinary shipping and time spent in Customs.
Storage Condition: Dry, dark and at 0 - 4 C for short term (days to weeks) or -20 C for long term (months to years).
Solubility: Soluble in DMSO
Shelf Life: >2 years if stored properly
Drug Formulation: This drug may be formulated in DMSO
Stock Solution Storage: 0 - 4 C for short term (days to weeks), or -20 C for long term (months).
HS Tariff Code: 2934.99.9001
Oxymatrine, an alkaloid component extracted from the roots of Sophora species, has been shown to have antiinflammatory, antifibrosis, and antitumor effects and the ability to protect against myocardial damage, etc. The potential signaling pathways involved in the clinical application of oxymatrine might include the TGF-β/Smad, tolllike receptor 4/nuclear factor kappa-light-chain-enhancer of activated B cells, toll-like receptor9/TRAF6, Janus kinase/signal transduction and activator of transcription, phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase/Akt, delta-opioid receptorarrestinl-Bcl-2, CD40, epidermal growth factor receptor, nuclear factor erythroid-2-related factor 2/hemeoxygenase-1 signaling pathways, and dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase/asymmetric dimethylarginine metabolism pathway. Oxymatrine significantly inhibits the proliferation of DU145 and PC-3 cell lines in a time- and dose-dependent manner. By contrast, following treatment with oxymatrine, PNT1B healthy human prostate cell proliferation is not inhibited.
The volume and weight of tumors in mice significantly decreased in a dose-dependent manner. Oxymatrine may reduce prostate cancer cell growth by promoting cell apoptosis in vivo. Oxymatrine is effective in reducing the production and deposition of collagen in the liver tissue of experimental rats. Oxymatrine could promote the expression of Smad 7 and inhibit the expression of Smad 3 and CBP in CCl4-induced hepatic fibrosis in SD rats, could modulate the fibrogenic signal transduction of TGFβ-Smad pathway.
- Shen CY, Jiang JG, Yang L, Wang DW, Zhu W. Anti-ageing active ingredients from herbs and nutraceuticals used in traditional Chinese medicine: pharmacological mechanisms and implications for drug discovery. Br J Pharmacol. 2017 Jun;174(11):1395-1425. doi: 10.1111/bph.13631. Epub 2016 Oct 29. Review. PubMed PMID: 27659301; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC5429334.
- He M, Wu Y, Wang M, Chen W, Jiang J. Meta-analysis of the clinical value of oxymatrine on sustained virological response in chronic hepatitis B. Ann Hepatol. 2016 Jul-Aug;15(4):482-91. Review. PubMed PMID: 27236147.
- Lu ML, Xiang XH, Xia SH. Potential Signaling Pathways Involved in the Clinical Application of Oxymatrine. Phytother Res. 2016 Jul;30(7):1104-12. doi: 10.1002/ptr.5632. Epub 2016 May 10. Review. PubMed PMID: 27165263.
- Parvez MK, Arbab AH, Al-Dosari MS, Al-Rehaily AJ. Antiviral Natural Products Against Chronic Hepatitis B: Recent Developments. Curr Pharm Des. 2016;22(3):286-93. Review. PubMed PMID: 26561057.
- He M, Wu Y, Wang M, Chen W, Yuan W, Jiang J. The Clinical Value of Oxymatrine in Preventing Lamivudine Induced YMDD Mutation: A Meta-Analysis. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2015;2015:971616. doi: 10.1155/2015/971616. Epub 2015 Oct 5. Review. PubMed PMID: 26508988; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4609836.
Products are for research use only. Not for human use.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.